BADGES ISSUED BY TRANSIT COMPANIES BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER “G”
(PLEASE NOTE: THE BADGES AND INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS SITE ARE FOR REFERENCE / EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. WE DO NOT BUY, SELL OR TRADE TRANSIT BADGES! The purpose of this page is to share information about collecting transit badges. All photos and artwork displayed on this site are from personal collections and are used by permission of the owners, or are in the public domain. If requested, we credit badge photos to the owner. We gratefully welcome additional information and/or corrections, questions, comments, new badge entries and especially badge photos. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.)
G & F Bus Corporation (NJ) 1959
GR MOTOR COACH COMPANY See Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company.
GADSDEN TRANSIT, INC. In 1954 this agency took over city bus service from Crescent Motors, which was a private company—and subsidiary of Crescent Stages, Inc. which operated local buses in Anniston and Huntsville, Alabama. There isn’t much to offer in the way of history of Gadsden Transit, except in 1956 it was running 23 buses, and this bit of news in The Bulletin for July 1, 1963: “The Gadsden Transit Company has promised to begin total desegregation of its buses. City officials promised to bring about the withdrawal of state troopers and Negro leaders have suspended demonstrations in the hope of further progress.” At some point the company was taken over by the city of Gadsden and renamed Gadsden Transit Services. The badge has two threaded posts.
GARBERVILLE-EUREKA STAGE LINE was operating in the San Francisco Bay, California, area in 1922.
GARDEN HIGHWAY TRANSIT COMPANY was operating in the mid 1920s out of the Union Stage Depot in Sacramento, California. C. C. Cochran was the registered contact.
GARDEN STATE BUS LINES was founded in 1935 in New Jersey. By the 1950s it was operated by DeCamp Bus Lines, and was running 19 buses from Clifton to Paterson to Jersey City, N.J. On October 7, 1953, it ceased operations.
GARDENA MUNICIPAL BUS LINES In 1940 Pacific Electric Railway discontinued streetcar service in Gardena, California, and Gardena Municipal Bus Lines began offering service. It has continued until the present time as “G-Trans.” The badge measures approx. 2″ x 2″ and has a single threaded post.
GARDNERVILLE TRANSPORTATION COMPANY was an interstate bus company operating in 1924 out of Gardenerville, Nevada, and running into California. H.G. and L.N. Anderson were the owners/operators, with H.G. Anderson general manager.
GARFIELD HTS COACH LINES / GARFIELD HEIGHTS COACH LINES, INC. was a subsidiary of Cleveland Southeastern Bus Co., which in 1932 succeeded Northern Ohio Traction & Light interurban line between Cleveland and Bedford, Ohio, which was abandoned at that time. On July 1, 1947, it began running between Cleveland, Ohio, and the residential community of Garfield Heights was inaugurated on July 1, 1947, under the name of Garfield Heights Coach Lines, Inc. The company was absorbed by GCRTA in 1982. The company had badges made. Below is a patch worn by drivers.
GARY RAILWAYS started out as an offshoot of the Chicago – New York Electric Air Line Railroad before becoming Gary Railways. It began running city trolley lines in Gary, Indiana, in 1908 (as Gary & Interurban Railway Co.) and ceased operations in 1947. It started using the name “Gary Street Railway Co.” in 1917 and “Gary Railways Co.” in 1925. The company also owned what it considered interurbans: trolley lines to nearby towns, largely on side-of-road right-of-way. Some were acquired by absorbing small companies, including the Hobart line which had opened with a gas-electric car. Expansive bus routes were spun off to the Shore Line Motor Coach Company, jointly owned by Gary Railways and the South Shore Line. Gary Railways went out of business in 1956 and was succeeded by Gary Transit.
GATEWAY BUS LINE, INC. was operating in December 1927 in Wareham, Massachusetts, and was owned by George P. Dole. It succeeded the New Bedford & Onset Street Railway. In 1946 the company was operating 18 buses over 26 route miles. In 1956 the company ran 9 buses over 26 route miles and served Mattapoisett, Marion, Wareham, Onset, Buzzards Bay and Camp Edwards in Bourne. According to one source, the company went out of business in the 1970s.
GEM STATE TRANSIT COMPANY was another company acquired by Union Pacific Stages, Inc., and operated as a subsidiary. In 1929 it ran routes between Salt Lake City, Utah, and Portland, Oregon, with routes to Yakima and Spokane, Washington, branching off at Boise and The Dalles.
GENERAL OMNIBUS CORPORATION was a bus operator in the borough of Queens in New York City. It operated the Q37 bus route before it was taken over by Green Bus Lines.
GENESEE BUS LINES On April 27, 1931, Russell S. and Gerald J. Webster and Charles Weisenburg were given consent to operate a bus service between the Village of East Aurora and Buffalo, New York, and the Village of Wellsville, New York, “and other points including Perry, Silver Springs, Rock Glen, Warsaw, Varysburg, Wales Center, East Aurora and other intermediate points.” The company also operated within East Aurora. In 1956 the company ran 15 buses over 217 route miles. In 1966 the company was acquired by Grand Island Transit Corporation.
GENEVA-PENN YAN TRANSPORTATION COMPANY, INC. On February 16, 1916, a certificate of operation was granted to John J. Neil to operate a bus line in Geneva, New York. In July 1917 Neil transferred his certificate to Geneva-Penn Yan Transportation Company, Inc. The line operated between Geneva and Penn Yan and Bath, New York. In 1954 the company ran 3 buses under the management of Norman J. Carpenter. It was not listed as being in business in the 1956 MTD.
GENEVA-PENN YAN-BATH BUS LINES was an intercity bus company that ran out of Bath, New York. In 1939 Carl Mallory was its president and general manager. The line operated between Geneva and Penn Yan and from Penn Yan to Bath, New York. According to one source it ceased operations in 1953.
GEORGETOWN-PLACERVILLE STAGE was operating out of Georgetown, California, in 1924. Lester Heindel was the owner/operator.
GEORGIA-FLORIDA COACHES, INC. / GEORGIA-FLORIDA TRAILWAYS The company was incorporated in Florida on March 11, 1941. The founder was J. Harley Garner, who was headquartered in Douglas, Georgia. According to Jon Hobijn, the company was formed “by purchasing a route from Service Coach Line from Augusta to McRae, Georgia, and a second route from McRae, Georgia to Lake City, Florida owned by Atlantic Stages of Savannah. . . . By 1948, the company had been sold to Charlotte’s Queen City Trailways, operating headquarters were moved to Augusta [Georgia].” A note of interest is that the 1946 report of Florida Railroad Commission mentions the company as both Georgia-Florida Coaches, Inc. and Georgia Florida Stage Line, both at Box 193, Douglass, Georgia. In 1956 the company was operating 4 buses over 426 route miles. The state of Florida’s corporation records show that Georgia-Florida Coaches, Inc. was voluntarily dissolved on November 9, 1976.
GEORGIA-FLORIDA MOTOR LINES, INC. was an interstate company operating in the 1920s and incorporated on August 26, 1929. It served both Georgia and Florida. In 1929 “a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity was issued to the Georgia-Florida Motor Lines, Inc., to operate on State Road No. 4, five seven passenger sedan automobiles that it had on 19th of April 1927 operated between Jacksonville and Miami; that upon petition filed by the Georgia-Florida Motor Lines, Inc., and after a protest by the petitioner and a hearing, the Georgia-Florida Motor Lines, Inc., were authorized to substitute four twenty-five passenger busses for the seven passenger sedans theretofore operated over State Road No. 4, between Jacksonville and Miami.” The company was dissolved on December 14, 1936.
GEORGIA POWER COMPANY (This company ran streetcar operations in more than one Georgia city. For more info, see the next entry.) In 1871 Atlanta Street Railroad Company began operating its horse-drawn streetcars in Atlanta, Georgia. In 1891 this company was succeeded by Atlanta Consolidated Street Railway Company. In 1899 the Atlanta Railway & Power Company took over operations, and in 1901 Georgia Railway & Electric Company took over. By 1911 it was Georgia Railway & Power Company. In 1929 the name was shortened to Georgia Power Company. In 1946 Georgia Power Company was running 116 passenger coaches over 303 route miles, 107 Trolley coaches over 26 route miles, and 75 buses over 123 route miles. The company stopped streetcar service in April 1949 and the system relied on trolley coaches, which had been running since 1937, and diesel buses. (Trolley coaches were phased out starting in 1963.)
In May 1950 Georgia Power Company drivers went on strike and during the five-week-long work stoppage, the company sought a buyer for its transit business. “In response to this, Atlanta businessmen Clement Evans, Granger Hansell and Inman Brandon, along with Leland Anderson of Columbus, Georgia, formed the Atlanta Transit Company and purchased the transportation properties on June 23, 1950, just over a month into the strike. More than 1,300 employees signed on to the new company and ended their strike. Anderson became the president of the ATC, and in September 1950 a Georgia Power vice president, Jackson Dick, joined to become the chairman of the board.” (Source: Wikepedia.) In 1951 Atlanta Transit Company acquired Suburban Coach Company and formed a subsidiary known as Metropolitan Transit System. In 1954 the company was running 116 buses over 105 route miles and 453 trolley coaches over 136 route miles. By 1956 the name had been changed to Atlanta Transit System, Inc. The company was taken over in 1972 by the publicly owned Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, or MARTA. The badge is made of nickel and has a single threaded post.
GEORGIA POWER COMPANY took over streetcar operation in Augusta, Georgia, in 1928 from Augusta Aiken Railway & Electric Company. The company discontinued streetcar operations in 1937, replacing them with buses. In 1946 the Georgia Power Company was running 48 buses over 26 route miles. Georgia Power Company sold its Augusta, Georgia, transit operations to Augusta Coach Company on November 30, 1949. (See above entry for badge information.)
GEORGIA STAGES, INC. / GEORGIA TRAILWAYS Ader Coach Lines was founded by Sidney H. Ader in the early 1930s in Albany, Georgia, and ran a route along U.S. Highway 19 between Griffin and Thomasville, Georgia, via Albany and Americus. In 1936 he incorporated and changed the name to Georgia Stages, Inc.
Some early history is given in this notice dated October 15, 1936: “TWO MOTOR LINES BOUGHT FOR $90,000 Approval of Purchase by Georgia Stages, Inc., To Be Asked of I. C. .C. W. F Arrington, regional manager of the Union Bus Company, said yesterday the Ader Coach Lines and Drake Motor Lines were purchased by a company known as Georgia Stages, Inc. for $90,000. The new company is in process of formation, he said. The purchase will be presented to the Interstate Commerce Commission shortly for approval. The Ader and Drake lines operate in south and west Georgia, carrying passengers and light express.”
More history is found in a Florida Railroad Commission record: “1. Pursuant to Notice No. 533 dated November 30, 1936 this matter came on for formal hearing before the Railroad Commission of the State of Florida at its Hearing Room, Supreme Court Building, Tallahassee, Florida, on December 15, 1936. 2. The joint petition of S. H. Ader, operating as Ader Coach Lines, and of Georgia Stages, Inc., a Georgia corporation holding a charter issued by the Superior Court of Dougherty County, Georgia, and holding a Permit from the Secretary of State to do business in the State of Florida, shows that S. H. Ader, operating as Ader Coach Lines, purchased Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity No. 94 from Bainbridge Columbus Motor Lines authorizing operation of busses between Tallahassee, Florida, and the Georgia-Florida State line via Havana, Florida and that such purchase was approved by Order No. 858 of this Commission dated the 24th day of April 1936; that S. H. Ader has organized the Georgia Stages, Inc., a Georgia corporation with a capital stock of $90,000.00 for the purpose of taking over and operating Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity No. 194; that a certified copy of a meeting of the directors of Georgia Stages, Inc., held on November 2, 1936 in Albany, Georgia, shows that S. H. Ader was elected President of the company . . . APPROVED, DONE AND ORDERED by the Railroad Commission of the State of Florida, in session at its office in the City of Tallahassee. Florida, this 8th day of January 1937.”
In 1938 Georgia Stages, Inc. joined National Trailways Bus System under the name Georgia Trailways. The following year the company bought out Coleman Motor Lines, and its owner, R. S. Coleman, became Georgia Stages, Inc.’s traffic manager. In 1944 Georgia Stages, Inc. bought out St. Andrews Bay Transportation Company, which was also a member of the National Trailways Bus System. (The company was headquartered in Dothan, Alabama and was a subsidiary of the Atlanta & St. Andrews Bay Railway, which was known as the “Bay Line”; prior to being sold, the company had just bought out Lee’s Coach Line, which ran in Florida from Tallahassee to Panama City.)
Jon Hobijn writes: “In 1946, Georgia Stages President Fred Mills changed the company name to Modern Coach Corporation, and from then on the company was known as Modern Trailways. . . . Modern Coach Corp. was acquired by Tamiami Trail Tours in 1956, extending Tamiami’s system main line to 825 miles stretching from Atlanta to Miami.” In 1946 Modern Coach Corporation ran 70 buses over 1746 route miles.
GEORGIA-TENNESSEE COACHES, INC. / GEORGIA-TENNESSEE TRAILWAYS In December 1946 Tom M. Lambert and George T. Morris bought out W. T. Thomas Bus Line, which was founded in 1915 and ran from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Atlanta, Georgia. After the company changed hands, they incorporated it as Georgia-Tennessee Coaches, Inc. According to one source it joined National Trailways as Georgia-Tennessee Trailways from 1949 until 1952. Jon Hobijn picks up the history on his webpage: “Tennessee Coach purchased Georgia-Tennessee Coaches in 1957 securing a direct route for Tennessee Coach between Chattanooga and Atlanta . . . In August 1960, Kraemer and Burke, the two major stock holders negotiated an agreement to sell Tennessee Coach to Continental Tennessee Lines, Virginia Stage Lines and Smoky Mountain Stages for $2,400,000, with each company owning a one-third interest. On December 21, 1961, the ICC approved the transaction and in the decision recognized the desire of the three purchasing carriers to maintain the identity of Tennessee Coach as being more important than the Commission’s standing policy of merging the rights of acquired carriers into those of their purchasers. Tennessee Coach Company passed into history and the new company, Tennessee Trailways, Inc., was born.”
GIBBS BUS LINE was an interstate bus company operating in the late 1920s between Martin, Tennessee, Wickliffe, Kentucky, and Cairo, Illinois. The following is from a record of the Kentucky Court of Appeals, dated February 17, 1931: “The Smith Motor Coach Company obtained from the commissioner of motor transportation of Kentucky a certificate authorizing it to operate a line of motor-busses between Fulton, Ky., and Wickliffe, Ky., some time in 1931. Later that company assigned the certificate, with the approval of the commissioner of motor transportation, to W.H. McNeally, who conducts the operation under the assumed name of Shorty’s Bus Line. Later the Gibbs Bus Line, a Tennessee corporation, made application for a certificate to operate a motorbus line between Fulton and Wickliffe over the same route covered by the certificate previously granted to the Smith Motor Coach Company. The application was favorably considered and a certificate granted to the Gibbs Bus Line Company in 1930.” The company became part of Tri-State Trailways in 1939.
GIBSON LINES was founded by Beverly Gibson, who served as the general manager. It operated. The company was operated by California-Nevada Stages, Inc. as an intercity operations serving 45 cities and towns and two military field in Nevada and California. It ran over 1210 route miles with 85 buses. In California it ran between Chico, Sacramento, Lodi, Stockton, Oakland and San Francisco in 1946.The company joined National Trailways in 1948 and remained until 1969, which is the year the company ceased operations.
GIG HARBOR-TACOMA TRANSPORTATION COMPANY See BREMERTON – TACOMA STAGES, INC.
GILROY HOT SPRINGS STAGE was operating out of Gilroy, California, in 1924. A. Crabb was the owner.
GLACIER PARK TRANSPORTATION COMPANY was formed in 1914 to operate tours within Glacier National Park in Montana. It was formed by several investors, one of whom was Walter White, who was part owner of the White Motor Company. Another was Roe Emery, whose money had been made in the hotel industry. By the mid 1930s the company was operating Glacier National Park’s famous red-bus, many of which are still in operations today. Two years later White and Emery founded the Rocky Mountain Transportation Company, which operated tour buses in the Rocky Mountain National Park. (See Rocky Mountain Transportation Company for more info; click this link to read a history of Glacier National Park’s red buses.)
GLEN BURNIE COACH LINES, INC. This company was a charter bus line that ran out of Glen Burnie, Maryland. The earliest mention of the company was in February 1948 when the owners applied to the Interstate Commerce Commission to operate a charter operation. In 1952 the company ran this ad: “Buses For Any Purpose Glen Burnie Coach Lines, Inc. CHARTER SERVICE Courteous Operators Deluxe Coaches 2 Creta Hwy., N.W. Glen Burnie 8, Md.” By 1970 the company was operating school buses for the state of Maryland, transporting over 9,000 students. Ellis D. Dudney was the president. I can find no mention of the company after 1974. The badge is made of metal with enamel and has two threaded posts.
GLENDALE CITY LINES ran buses in Glendale (Los Angeles), California, from 1941 until 1962. The badge was made by Fifth Avenue Uniform Co. 19 So. Wells Chicago, measures 2 ½” x 2 ½” and has two threaded post.
GLENVIEW BUS COMPANY was an intercity bus company founded in Glenview, Illinois, in 1939 when it was granted a certificate of convenience by the Illinois Commerce Commission. The company was owned and operated by R.J. and Margaret Nehmzow. In 1956 it was serving Wheeling, Northbrook, Glenview, Wilmette, Evanston, Illinois with 17 buses. The company was still in business in the 1970s.
GLOUSTER-ATHENS AUTO BUS LINE This company was mentioned in the Athens Messenger for Thursday, March 06, 1924. The buses ran in Corning-Glouster-Athens, Ohio, and connected to Zane Transit Lines and Ohio Trailways. It ceased operations in 1954.
GLOUCESTER AUTO BUS COMPANY After street cars stopped running in 1920, in March 1921 the city council of Gloucester, Massachusetts, granted a franchise to Morris Katz to operate a bus system, who operated as the Gloucester Auto Bus Company. Since state law didn’t allow a franchise for a longer period than one year, 1922 the franchise was renewed with the city council noting that the “. . . service we are getting from the bus company is the best we have ever known. It is safe, dependable, reasonable in price, and always amenable to our control. The citizens are pleased with it and the company gives every indication of being satisfied to continue the operation.” In 1946 the company was intercity and served Gloucester, Manchester, Rockport and Essex, Massachusetts and operated 16 buses over 40 route miles. The company operated until 1966 and was replaced by Cape Ann Transit.
GOLD SEAL TRANSIT COMPANY was founded and managed by H. O. Barnes in Lexington, Kentucky. The company was operating in the early 1920s as an intercity line with REO buses, and serving Lexington, Louisville, Shelbyville, Lawrenceburg, Harrodsburg and Danville, Kentucky. In February 1929 the company sought permission to operate between Danville and Corbin, Kentucky, which was opposed by Consolidated Coach Corporation. In 1929 it was merged into the newly-formed Mason & Dixon Transit, Inc., which took over several other bus companies in southern Ohio and northern Kentucky. The company continued operating under its own name.
GOLD STAR LINES BUS COMPANY was operating from Cleveland, Ohio, to Akron, Canton and Wheeling, Ohio in 1932. (The only information on this company comes from a surviving schedule.)
GOLDEN EAGLE BARKER STAGE LINE was operating in the San Francisco Bay, California, area in 1922.
GOLDEN GATE STAGES was operating out of Santa Rosa, California, in the mid 1920s. Joseph Miller was the president and general manager.
GOLDEN STATE AUTO TOURS STAGE LINE / GOLDEN STATE AUTO TOURS CORPORATION was founded by Harry L. Weisbaum in Southern California in the late 1910s. Essentially it was a tour company with added services of taxi and charters that operated from the Rosslyn Hotel 455 So. Main Street, Los Angeles. By 1917 the company had incorporated: “The Golden State Auto Tours Corporation, with headquarters in Los Angeles, operates between Los Angeles and San Bernardino, Los Angeles and San Jacinto and Los Angeles and Lancaster. This is a corporation owning and operating six cars in the auto stage business, but owning nine other cars . . . in February 1917.” In 1918 the company advertised “We operate new King Eight and Hupmobile 7-Passenger Cars and LEAVE-EVERY TWO HOURS 8:30, 10:30 a.m., 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30 p.m. All our passengers protected by indemnity insurance.” One of the tours offered by Golden State Auto Tours concluded with a meal in the Universal Studios cafeteria, and “a chance to have lunch with your favorite movie [star].” By the early 1920s the company was operating buses.
GOLETA BUS & MESSENGER SERVICE was operating out of Santa Barbara, California, in 1924. H.A. Spreitz was the operator. It served the town of Goleta, California, and Santa Barbara County.
GOOD BROS. BUS LINE ran a intrastate bus service in Indiana in the 1920s-1930s. It was based in Waveland, Indiana. This April 27, 1930, edition of the Indianapolis Star from Indianapolis, Indiana, reports: “Interstate service, that is, service between states, is handled here by the Greyhound lines, Swallow Coach Company and the Colonial stages. Intrastate service (service within the borders of the state of Indiana) is cared for locally by the Indiana Motor Transit Company, Good Bros. Bus Company, Rockville & Clinton Bus Company, White Swan Lines, Indiana Safety Coach Company, Indianapolis & Southeastern Bus Company, Interstate Public Service Company.” In 1925 the company was running a route from Crawfordsville to Indianapolis by way of North Salem and Danville.
In 1925 Good Bros. Bus Line suffered through a horrific accident, as related in the June 29, 1923, edition of the Waveland Independent from Waveland, Montgomery County, Indiana: “On Tuesday evening last just after the Independent was off the press occurred the most horrifying of accidents that has touched Waveland in years. The Good Bros. bus which leaves Crawfordsville at 5:55 was a few minutes later struck at the Grant Avenue crossing of the Big Four by a freight train from the east and totally demolished. It is a miracle that all the passengers were not instantly killed. The driver, Richard Glaze had slowed down for the crossing as is his custom but not seeing or hearing any train started on. Rev. JB Johnson, pastor of the ME Church here was sitting on the west side of the bus–the seats run length wise and saw the train. He called out and the driver ‘stepped on the gas’ but did not clear the track, the bus being struck back of the center and thrown across the bank. The top and wheels were torn off. Miss Ruth Hodgkin was sitting on the east side of the bus. When she heard the alarm, she sprang up screamed and ran to the rear of the bus. She was instantly killed, her body being cut entirely in two. Rev JB Johnson was badly injured about the pelvic region at first reported fatally. EM Hobbs, a fertilizer drummer from Indianapolis had several broken ribs. Miss Glady Evans was seated just back of the driver escaped with severe bruises. The driver was not seriously injured. The Grant Avenue crossing is a death-trap and has been the scene of many accidents. The view both ways is obstructed. A watchman is maintained by the Big Four but he goes off duty at 5:30 just at the time when the auto traffic is heaviest. The obstructions are such that the train whistle is often not heard over the car noise, especially from the east. It is certainly up to the city of Crawfordsville and the Big Four to make this crossing safe as it is the way from the south. Safety gates might solve the problem. A bell would not. An all time watchman who would keep awake is needed. Coroner Griffith exonerates the drivers and the train crew but censures the Big Four for maintaining and the city of Crawfordsville for permitting such a dangerous crossing.“
GOODYEAR HEIGHT MOTOR BUS LINE was founded, owned and operated by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in Akron, Ohio, as an auxiliary to the local street railway system. The bus line provided transportation for Goodyear’s employees between the factory and the 2 1/2 miles to Goodyear Heights. Goodyear Heights was developed by the Goodyear Company for its employees to provide housing closer to the factory. The motor bus service was established in September 1915 and charged 3 cents. It was still operating in the 1920s.
GOSHEN BUS LINE According to a 1946 Kingston, Tennessee, Rotary Club publication, this company began operations in 1938, running one bus to Rogersville, via Buren, and carried approximately 5,000 passengers monthly.
GOULD BUS LINES / FRANK L. GOULD BUS LINES ran an intercity bus service between Rochester, Oswego and Watertown, New York. The company is not listed in the 1939 Russell’s Guide, but was advertising its schedule in a May 22, 1943 Rochester newspaper and again in 1945. One source says the company ceased operations in 1952; it is not listed in the 1954 MTD. A bus driver for the company was Lynn W. Phillips of Pulaski, Oswego County, New York.
GRAND ISLAND TRANSIT CORPORATION In the 1930s until the 1950s this company was located at 200 W. Mohawk St., Buffalo, New York. In 1955 it was running from the Greyhound Terminal and Hotel Statler in downtown Buffalo to Niagra Falls every half hour. The cost was $1.10 per round trip. The began operating in 1936 and linked both Buffalo and Niagra Falls with Grand Island. It is still in business as a charter bus company.
GRAND ISLE BUS LINE served Raceland, Lockport, Larose, Golden Meadow and Grand Isle, Louisiana. Was listed in the 1954 ed. of MTD running one bus. Owned by Evans A. Breaux.
GRAND RAPIDS-FREMONT BUS LINES was operating out of Fremont, Michigan, in the 1920s. According to the book Everyday Klansfold: White Protestant Life and the KKK in 1920s Michigan: “The city of Fremont was home to a considerable number of small Klannish businesses . . . the Grand Rapids-Fremont Bus Line [was owned] by four Klansmen.” One source notes that the company may have been taken over, or its routes absorbed, by the Decker Bus Line.
GRAND RAPIDS, GRAND HAVEN & MUSKEGON RAILWAY COMPANY began operations in 1902 offering passenger service between Grand Rapids, Grand Haven and Muskegon, Michigan. In 1924 the company was running 23 passenger cars over 52 route miles.
GR MOTOR COACH COMPANY / GRAND RAPIDS MOTOR COACH COMPANY In 1938 Grand Rapids Railroad Company, which had been operating public transit in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was renamed Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company. In 1946 the company was running 66 buses over 162 route miles. In 1954 Grand Rapids Motor Coach Co. was sold to City Coach Lines Inc., and renamed Grand Rapids City Coach Lines. In 1963 the privately-owned company became the publicly owned Grand Rapids Transit Authority. This name was changed in 1978 to the Grand Rapids Area Transit Authority. Today the company is known as Interurban Transit Partnership. The badge has one threaded post and measures 1 ⅞” x 2 ¼”.
GRAND RAPIDS RAILROAD COMPANY, INC. In 1924 the Grand Rapids Railway Company became a subsidiary of Union Railway Gas & Electric Company operating streetcars in Grand Rapids, Michigan. In 1924 the company was running 68 passenger cars over 144 route miles. In 1927 the company was reorganized as Grand Rapids Railroad Company, Inc. In 1935 the company ran its last streetcars in Grand Rapids replacing the car with buses. In 1938 the company was renamed Grand Rapids Motor Coach Company.
GRANDELL BUS LINE ran between Indianapolis to West Harrison, Indiana in 1924. It was owned by partners John Shorie, Harold Grandell and C. A. Tengblad. For a complete history of this company see Indianapolis-Cincinnati Bus Company.
GRANDVILLE-WYOMING TRANSIT COMPANY ran a bus line between Grandville and Wyoming, Michigan. The company was doing business in March 1933 when it issued transit tokens. In 1954 it was running 10 buses over 15 route miles. It ceased operations on December 31, 1962, and its service was taken over by Grand Rapids City Coach Lines on January 1, 1963.
GRANITE CITY BUS COMPANY, INC. was operating out of Mount Airy, North Carolina, in the mid 1920s.
GRAVILLE-STERLING CITY AUTO LINE was operating in the mid 1920s from the Hotel Butte in Chico, California. Eckles and Johnson were the registered contacts.
GRAY COACH LINES was an inter-city bus line based in Toronto, Ontario, that ran from 1927 to 1991. In addition, Gray Coach operated sightseeing tour service in and around Toronto, eventually in association with Gray Line tours. The badge measures 1¾” x 1 ½”.
THE GRAY LINE In March 1910, a young restaurateur by the name of Louis Bush refurbished an old Mack Truck chassis, painted it blue and gray and began offering sightseeing tours around the city of Washington, D.C. By 1926, Gray Line had expanded to other booming cities including New York, Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Francisco, as well as internationally to Toronto and Havana. With peacetime following World War II, Harry J. Dooley, a former Gray Line employee, acquired the company and helped re-establish Gray Line Chicago. Dooley soon became president of Gray Line and is today considered the father of the sightseeing industry. The badge is die pressed single threaded and made of nickel.
GRAY MOTOR STAGE LINE, INC. was another of those companies that somewhat figures into The Greyhound Corporation’s pedigree. In the July 28, 1922, edtion of the Janesville Daily Gazette from Janesville, Wisconsin, we find this notice: “A new motor bus line between Janesville and Watertown will start running Saturday. It will be known as the Gray Motor Stage line, with two 12-passeager buses, each making three trips daily, picking up passengers, here at the Myers and Grand hotels. Stops will be made at Milton, Whitewater, Fort Atkinson, Johnson Creek and Watertown. the trip taking two hours. Two Hibblng, Minn. men are partners in the line. They are S. R. Sundstrum, manager, and R. A. L. Bogan.“
Ralph A.L. Bogan was one of the three original owners of the Mesaba Transportation Company, which was formed on December 17, 1915, and which would one day became The Greyhound Corporation.
On January 6, 1923, the Janesville Daily Gazette reported that Bogan, along with partner Swan Sundstrom, had bought one of Fageol Motors big buses for his Gray Motor Stage Line, which was operating in Wisconsin:
“Gray Motor Stage Line Adds $9,000 Bus Attractive Car, Well-Equipped, Makes First Run to Water town. Because of constantly increasing business, the Gray Motor Stage Lines have added a new bus, which arrived from Oakland, Cal., Wednesday and has been put into operation, on the motor route between Janesville and Watertown, making three trips a day. The bus is designed for comfort, safety, and is attractive in appearance. Costing $8,000 at the Oakland factory of Fageol-Scott-Motors Company, and $9.000 by the time it reached here, the bus is an immense and beautiful car with a wheel-base of 218 inches and a 70-inch axle length. It has capacity for 23 people and is outfitted with leather seats, each holding four people. The interior is upholstered in brown leather, has electric lights and a heater, which, with the heavy springs, give the comfort of a railroad car. It is equipped with plate glass windows. The outside is done in light blue, with a streak of white about the body. The center of gravity is so low that it is said the bus can make a right angle corner, loaded, at 45 miles per hour, with safety. . . . The new bus has been christened the ‘Blue Goose’. It made its first run Thursday night. Others similar will be added to the line later, Swan Sundstrom, one of the partners says.”
Dr. D. B. Rushing, in his Bluehounds and Redhounds the History of Greyhound and Trailways, notes that Bogan had used “Blue Goose Lines” as a trade name for his Gray Motor Stage Line as early as 1923. This is revealing since Bogan used the name “Blue Goose Lines” for a second company—the Detroit-Toledo Transportation Company. This company was purchased in 1924 by the Detroit United Railway Company, and eventually the DURC would use both the name and image of Bogan’s Blue Goose Lines for its entire intercity bus system. (See entries for Blue Goose Lines and Eastern Michigan Motorbuses, Inc. and how they evolved into Great Lakes Greyhound Lines.)
GRAY LINE MOTOR TOURS COMPANY / GRAY LINE, INC. was operating in the late 1920s out of San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. E.B. Brown was the president and John A. Boyd as secretary. Gray Line, Inc. was operating out of Los Angeles, with Frank O. Long as manager and John A. Boyd was the secretary. This company was part of The Gray Line, which is outlined in a separate entry.
GREAT FALLS CITY LINES ran service in Great Falls, Montana, from 1939 through 1959. The badge has two threaded posts. The poor quality photo here is the best we could find for this listing.
GREAT EASTERN BUS SYSTEM / GREAT EASTERN BUS LINES was operating in the 1920’s and 1930s running from the Atlantic Coast to the West Coast, specializing in long distance travel. The February 21, 1927, edition of the Arizona Republic from Phoenix, Arizona, carried a story that C. F. Murdock, president of the Great Eastern Bus Lines, had announced his company would be introducing a nine-day cross-country trip at a fare half that charged by the railroads. The buses would be equipped with kitchenettes to serve lunch to the passengers, and would stop at night scheduled cities along the route. A 1933 bus schedule notes that the company’s general offices were located in Cleveland Ohio. According to a June 16, 1935, newspaper account in the Detroit Free Press from Detroit, Michigan, Ralph A.L. Bogan, who was an original founder of The Greyhound Corporation, Inc., took over as president of the company in March 1935. The company was around in 1936-37, but is missing from the 1939 edition of Russell’s Guide, nor is it listed in the MTD for 1942 or subsequent editions. As for the Internet, there is surprisingly little information for a company that, according to the December 10, 1935, edition of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle from Brooklyn, New York, was the one of the largest bus companies in the nation: “Ralph A. L. Bogan. president of the Great Eastern Bus System, one of the country’s largest bus operators, has just announced a series of special holiday excursions to all points in the United States, effective Dec. 12.”
With such a large network of bus routes, and given the company’s seemingly sudden disappearance from the late 1930s corporate bus company scene, one might assume it was swallowed up by Greyhound—especially given Bogan’s connection to the firm. In fact, Bogan served The Greyhound Corporation as a director and executive vice president from 1940 until 1957—just three years after he was last reported serving as Great Eastern Bus System’s president, and about the time Great Eastern Bus System seems to have disappeared from the corporate map.
GREAT LAKES TRANSIT CORPORATION In 1958 Great Lakes Greyhound Lines sold its Detroit, Michigan, suburban bus operation to American Transit Corporation, and it was renamed Great Lakes Transit Corporation. The compnay operated service into the northern and downriver Detroit suburbs including Wyandotte, Trenton, Southfield, Birmingham, Roseville, Pontiac and Mt. Clemens. The company was taken over by the Southeastern Michigan Transportation Authority on April 1, 1974. The badge was made by GREENDUCK CO. CHICAGO; measures 3″ x 2½” and has two threaded posts.
GREAT LAKES MOTOR BUS COMPANY In 1931 Robert J. Wynn and George C. Weiler organized this company to operate between Sault Ste. Marie and Detriot, Michigan, with side routes between Alpena and Gaylord, Gaylord and Petoskey and Mackinaw City, and Bay City to Mt. Pleasant and Prudenville. In 1936 the owners sold their company to Eastern Michigan Motorbuses, aka, “Blue Goose Lines.”
GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN TRANSIT COMPANY operated in the 1940s inside the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and between Knoxville and Sevierville and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, to points in North Carolina.
GREAT SOUTHERN COACHES, INC. This interstate company was registered on February 14, 1940, in Malden, Missouri, with W. H. Clinginsmith as the agent. By 1942 the company was operating out of Jonesboro, Arkansas. The company sold some of its operating rights to Northeast Arkansas Bus Line in 1942. In 1946 the owner is listed as W. H. Johnson, with the general manager as Stuart Johnson; the company operated 19 buses over 478 route miles. In 1954 the company acquired Mathis Bus Lines / Mathis Trailways, which was also located in Jonesboro. Between 1954 and 1956 the company incorporated. In 1956 Great Southern Coaches, Inc. operated 25 buses over 665 route miles and the president was W. S. Ramsey, and the general manager was Ernest Farabee. It serviced St. Louis, Cape Giradeau, Sikeston and Maiden, Missouri; and Newport and Jonesboro, Arkansas. The company was still operating in the 1980s and, according to one source, lasted until 1990. (NOTE: Red River Trailways lists Great Southern Coaches in its company pedigree in 1947, which creates a problem. The only company of that name and date was the above Great Southern Coaches / Great Southern Coaches, Inc. I have not been able to make the connection between this company and Red River Trailways. Red River Trailways’ parent company is Great Southern Coaches of Arkansas, Inc., but that company’s info says it was founded in December 2000 and began operations in 2001, which doesn’t match Great Southern Coaches, Inc. The only info that might connect the two companies is that W. S. Ramsey was president of Great Southern Coaches, Inc. in 1956 and a Peter D Ramsey is the president of Great Southern Coaches of Arkansas in 2018. More info is needed.)
GREATER RICHMOND TRANSIT COMPANY The Greater Richmond Transit Company, known locally as GRTC Transit System, is a local government-owned public service company which operates an urban-suburban bus line based in Richmond, Virginia. GRTC primarily serves the independent city of Richmond and a very small portion of the adjacent counties of Henrico and Chesterfield with a fleet of over 175 diesel-powered and CNG-powered transit buses operating approximately 42 routes. A timeline of the company’s history is provided by Wikepedia:
In 1860, Richmond Railway was organized, beginning operations in August. The service was forced to stop for nearly 2 years during the Civil War.
In 1866, Joseph Jackson, Jr., acquired control and resumed operations.
In 1881, it was sold to Richmond City Railway Company.
In 1887, The Richmond City Council adopted an ordinance granting a franchise to the Richmond Union Passenger Railway Company to operate a street railway system. Ground was broken for laying rail.
In 1888, Frank Sprague installed a complete system of electric streetcars in Richmond, Virginia. This was the first large scale and successful use of electricity to run a city’s entire system of streetcars. Operation of streetcars continued until they were totally replaced by buses in 1949.
In 1925, Virginia Railway and Power company bought the transit system.
In 1944, the Securities and Exchange Commission directed Virginia Electric and Power company to confine its activities to the electricity business.
In 1944, the Richmond transit bus system (and a similar one in Norfolk) was purchased by Virginia Transit Company, which became part of the United Transit Company the next year. After World War II, public transit systems in the United States became unprofitable, and most were eventually converted to government-owned and funded operations. This trend included Virginia Transit Company operations in Richmond and Norfolk.
In 1947, the Main Street and Westhampton streetcar lines are motorized. Virginia Transit Company began conversion to motor buses.
In 1949, Buses replace electric trolleys. On November 25, 1949, ten streetcars make the last run.
In 1962, American Transportation Enterprises, Inc., acquired controlling interest in United Transit Company.
In 1972, federal, state and local funds were used to purchase the assets of the Virginia Transit Company, and a new public service company was set up, Greater Richmond Transit Company (GRTC), which was wholly owned by the City of Richmond. A one-half interest was later purchased by Chesterfield County in the late 1980s. Henrico County declined to purchase a portion at that time. The badge below is made of gold-plated polished metal and mounts to a hat via the two holes. It measures 3 ¼”.
GREELEY TRANSPORTATION COMPANY The company, largely owned by Isaac James, was in operation before 1925 running “auto-buses” between Greeley, Colorado, to Colorado Springs, Colorado, via Denver. In 1925 it became embroiled in a legal dispute with the Colorado State Public Utilities Commission, which claimed the company was operating without a permit. The case was dragged through the courts and eventually went before the Colorado State Supreme Court. I’ve not found a record of the outcome, but since Greeley Transportation Company later took their case to a Federal district court, the Supreme Court must have ruled against them. On March 27, 1928, the Federal court also ruled against them and thereafter we find the company applying to the Colorado State Public Utilities Commission to run a route in the city of Greeley, Colorado. The application was approved on November 24, 1928. From that date Greeley Transportation Company operated a local bus service in the city of Greeley. As to that operation, here’s an interesting snippet from the local newspaper, the Greeley Daily Tribune, dated May 13, 1942: “Greeley Transportation company bus drivers are notified to ‘discontinue the practice or visiting with passengers’ while driving buses, in a resolution passed Tuesday night by the city council. The resolution also declares that the ‘city will not tolerate negligence and carelessness on the part of bus drivers, and ordered Manager W. Woodward to appear before the council next Tuesday night to explain what system is used tor licensing his bus drivers.’ The resolution declared that the council ‘has recently received several complaints from passengers and also from motorist of the city relative to the careless manner in which buses of said company are being operated by some of the drivers and that most of the complaints concern the practice of bus drivers visiting with passengers sitting in the front seats.’ . . . The bus company has been asked to put up signs warning passengers against visiting with drivers. Drivers Lack Licenses, Chief Says: Chief of Police C. C. Hunter told the council that the bus company hires college students, some of whom are known not to even have operator’s licenses to say nothing of chauffeur’s licenses and urged some system whereby prospective drivers should be examined before being placed in charge of a bus.” The company was out of business by 1953.
GREEN BUS LINES, INCORPORATED (also known as “Green Lines”) was incorporated on April 3, 1925, by William Cooper (1895-1985) to run a bus service in New York City. In 1936 it turned over its operating franchises in Manhattan to New York City Omnibus Co. and Comprehensive Omnibus Corporation in exchange for franchises in Queens. The company also acquired several previously-operating Queens bus companies: Liberty Bus Transportation, Bilow Bus Line, Richmond Hill Bus Line, S&F Transportation, Argus Line Transportation Corporation, Long Island Coach Company, General Omnibus Corporation, Midland Coach Corporation, and Courier Bus Company. In 1943, Green Bus Lines took over the Manhattan & Queens Bus Corporation. At the end of its corporate life it was operating routes in Queens, and an express route to Manhattan. It was taken over in 2006 by the city-operated MTA Bus Company (a subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority). I’m guessing with such a long history, Green Bus Lines has a number of different badges. The badge shown here has a single threaded post and a pin post and measures approx 2 ¼” x 2″. (Also see NEW YORK CITY OMNIBUS CORPORATION.)
GREENFIELD MONTAGUE TRANSPORTATION AREA / GREENFIELD MASS. G.M.T.A. The history of this company starts in Greenfield, Massachusetts, in 1924 when it took over transit operations from Connecticut Valley Street Railway Company, which had entered receivership the year before. When the G.M.T.A. took over, the company discontinued streetcar service and placed buses in operation. (Connecticut Valley Street Railway took over streetcar operations in 1905 from Greenfield & Turner’s Falls Street Railway Company, which operated between Greenfield and Turner’s Falls.) The towns of Greenfield and Montague purchased Connecticut Valley Street Railway’s rolling stock and the bridge at Gill Montague and formed a municipal transportation authority, i.e., the Greenfield Montague Transportation Area. In 1946 the G.M.T.A. ran 12 buses over 15.2 route miles.
In August 2006, the Franklin Regional Transit Authority (FRTA) assumed the responsibility of providing transportation services for the towns of Greenfield and Montague, when the former Greenfield Montague Transportation Area (GMTA) transit authority became unfunded by the state Department of Transportation. The FFRTA) is a regional transit authority which provides public transportation principally to Franklin County and the North Quabbin region, both in Massachusetts. All FRTA fixed-route service connects in Greenfield. The badge shown below is nickel-plated, measures 2 ⅜” x 2 ⅝” with two threaded posts.
GREENSBORO-FAYETTEVILLE BUS LINE, INC. / GREENSBORO-FAYETTEVILLE TRAILWAYS Greensboro-Fayetteville Bus Line was around in the late 1920s. According to the records of the North Carolina Corporation Commission for 1927-1928, the company was headquartered in Asheboro, North Carolina, with H. G. Pugh president and J. A. York secretary. The company ran routes from Sanford to Rockingham, Greensboro to Fayetteville, via Aberdeen and Asheboro; Durham to Fayetteville, via Chapel Hill, Pittsboro, Sanford, Jonesboro and Fort Bragg, and Greensboro to Asheboro. In August 1939 the company was sued for $1,250 by Ellen Harris, a black passenger on a Durham bus, who claimed she was “brutally treated” by the driver after she sat next to a white passenger. She was forcibly removed by two police officers. Although she won her case, the bus company appealed all the way to the North Carolina Supreme Court, which upheld Harris’s suit. The 1939 Russell’s Guide places the company’s routes under Queen City Coach Company, Inc. According to one source, the company joined the National Trailways Bus System in the 1940s and operated as Greensboro-Fayetteville Trailways. That same source says the company was taken over by Queen City Coach / Queen City Trailways in the 1940s. However, the 1939 Russell’s Guide entry would indicate that it was a part of Queen City Coach by 1939. It is not listed in the 1941, 1942 MTD, but, in a 1944 ad, the company is advertised as Queen City Trailways and Greensboro-Fayetteville Trailways “Owned and Operated By Queen City Coach Company. The company is listed in the 1946 MTD without any mention of Greensboro-Fayetteville Trailways. In a 1947 ad, the company is called Greensboro-Fayetteville Trailways, headquarters at 220 Person St. Fayetteville, North Carolina. It is not listed in the 1952 nor 1954 editions of the MTD.
GREENSBURG CITY LINES, INC. On Monday, February 2, 1953, the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission authorized the incorporation of the Greensburg City Lines, Inc., which purchased the Greensburg area operating rights of the Penn Transit Company of McKeesport for around $39,000. The new line provided a more centralized bus service in the Greensburg area. One of the principal incorporators of the new line was Carl A. McKeesport, owner of the Ridge Lines Bus Company operating in the McKeesport-Liberty borough, Port Vue area in Allegheny county. In 1960 the company was operating 13 buses over 9 route miles. In February 1961 the company was sold to the McIlwain School Bus Lines, Inc., which was owned by Robert A. McIlwain of Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Henry M. Stairs, who had been managing Greensbury City Lines, retired. On May 27, 1967, the company went out of business for failing to pay its taxes. Jeanette Coach Lines was given the operating franchise by the Public Utilitiy Commission to provide bus service for the Greensburg area. The badge has two threaded posts.
Greenville City Coach Lines (SC) 1959
GREENVILLE & RICHMOND BUS LINE was running in Greenville, Ohio in 1925.
GREENVILLE TRANSPORTATION COMPANY / GREENVILLE-DAYTON TRANSPORTATION COMPANY / GREENVILLE-DAYTON TRAILWAYS was and intercity bus company operating out of Greenville, Ohio. It would appear that the company started with the name Greenville Transportation Company in the early 1920s. That was the name when it applied for a permit to operate between Greenville, Hamilton and Defiance, Ohio in September 1925. George Decker was the president at that time. A little over two years later that same route was being advertised by Dayton-Greenville Transportation Company, which indicates a name change between those years and likely because a major route to Dayton was added to the schedule. The company is listed in the 1939 Russell’s Guide and operated from the “Union Bus Terminal in Greenville, Ohio K. E. Mitchell, manager; served Fort Wayne, Indiana, to Greenville, Ohio to Dayton, Ohio.” Ben Kramer and C. J. Villeneuve, who owned De Luxe Motor Stages and Empire Trailways, bought the company in 1943. In 1946 the company was operating 21 buses over 245 route miles and S. Reifler was the manager. The company joined the National Trailways Bus System in 1947 and remained one year, until 1948. By 1956 C. J. Villeneuve was running the company and was operating 14 buses over 245 route miles. According to one source, the company went out of business in 1966.
GREGORY BUS LINE, INC. The company was mentioned in a newspaper article in 1928 running a service from Memphis to Collerville, Tennessee. The badge is a pin back and is marked: W. J. COOLEY MAKER MEMPHIS, TENN”.
GREY GOOSE BUS LINES is a subsidiary of Greyhound Bus Lines that operates in Manitoba, Canada. History: 1924-1934 Brown Brothers Bus Line; John (Jack) Smith started a bus service between Winnipeg and Carman, Canada. 1934-1961 Grey Goose Bus Lines Limited; The partnership of Gary M. Lewis, Elmer Clay, William R. Lewis, Albert J. Todd, and Alfred Hurshman was incorporated as Grey Goose Bus Lines Limited. 1961-1997; Grey Goose Bus Lines (Manitoba) Limited; CEO, Abram J. Thiessen/Bernard Thiessen. The badge has two threaded posts and measures approx. 2 ½ ” x 1 ½ “.
GRIDLEY AUTO BUS COMPANY was operating out of Gridley, California, in 1924. Nora Hancock was the general manager.
GROTON-CORTLAND & AUBURN BUS The only information here is that the company was owned by Fay I. Giddings, and is mentioned as having been in business in 1946 in Ithaca, New York.
GROVE CITY BUS LINES, INC. was founded by Brenton B. Holter and Dallas L. Shull in Grove City, Pennsylvania, on February 18, 1957. They incorporated on November 21, 1961. It was an intercity operation, serving points in Pennsylvania and Warren and Youngstown, Ohio. The company also operated school buses. In 1984 Brenton Holter separated the school bus service and incorporated as Brenton B. Holter, Inc.. Holter sold Grove City Bus Lines. On March 20, 1986, Grove City Bus Lines Company was incorporated with Robert V. Goebel as president. In 1992 his daughter, Karen H. Schell assumed the business after his death. In 1999, Student Transportation of America, Inc. acquired Holter School Enterprises, Inc. The badge is nickel plated with two threaded posts. It measures 2 ½” x 2 ½”.
GUADALUPE BETTERAVIA STAGE COMPANY was operating in1924 out of Guadalupe, California. A.G. Chapman was the owner/operator.
GULF TRANSPORT COMPANY The company was around in 1911. In 1946 it was an intercity company operating out of Mobile, Alabama. It is mentioned in a Texas newspaper in 1949 as operating a bus service in Baytown, Texas. By 1954 it was operating 36 buses and operating between St. Louis, Mo. and Mobile. The first badge has two threaded posts and measures 2¾” in length. The second badge is a single threaded post and measures approx. 2″ by 2 ½ “.
GULFPORT & MISSISSIPPI COAST TRACTION COMPANY (See Municipal Transit Lines.)
Copyright © 2020 TRANSITBADGES.COM. All Rights Reserved. You may freely quote from this page with the proviso that TRANSITBADGES.COM is credited.