BADGES ISSUED BY TRANSIT COMPANIES BEGINNING WITH THE LETTER “K”
(PLEASE NOTE: THE BADGES AND INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS SITE ARE FOR REFERENCE / EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. WE DO NOT BUY, SELL OR TRADE TRANSIT BADGES! The purpose of this page is to share information about collecting transit badges. All photos and artwork displayed on this site are from personal collections and are used by permission of the owners, or are in the public domain. If requested, we credit badge photos to the owner. We gratefully welcome additional information and/or corrections, questions, comments, new badge entries and especially badge photos. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.)
K.C. BUS COMPANY This company is something of a mystery. In 1922 it purchased four White Model 50 buses for operation in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
KCATA See KANSAS CITY AREA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
KALAMAZOO-BATTLE CREEK MARSHALL BUS LINE All the information remaining on this company seems to be some bus schedules from 1924. Those mention daily service from the Laverne Hotel in Battle Creek, Michigan, beginning at 7 a.m.
KALAMAZOO MOTOR COACH COMPANY See below entry.
KALAMAZOO TRANSPORTATION COMPANY / KALAMAZOO MOTOR COACH COMPANY This company’s history begins in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with Michigan Electric Railway Company, which was reorganized in 1929 as Michigan Electric Shares Company. After the reorganization, that company abandoned service on all interurban railway lines serving Kalamazoo. Kalamazoo Transportation Company became a subsidiary of the company. This company operated until 1932 when its streetcars were discontinued. It was replaced by Kalamazoo Motor Coach Company. The Saturday, November 5, 1932, edition of the Marshall Evening Chronicle from Marshall, Michigan tells the story: “Buses Replace Cars In Kazoo Streets: Nov. 5—The Kalamazoo Motor Coach company was granted a temporary permit Friday to operate here. Service starting Sunday morning will replace street cars, sent to the barn Tuesday afternoon. The company said it would operate 23 busses. Thirty-nine street cars and nine busses have been seized by the city to satisfy delinquent taxes. All are the property of the Kalamazoo Transportation company.” Kalamazoo Motor Coach ran buses until 1936 before being taken over by Kalamazoo City Lines, which was a subsidiary of National City Lines. The badge is die pressed, has a single threaded post and measures 3½” x 1¾”.
KALISPELL-POLSON STAGES was operating in the late 1920s from Kalispell to Polson, Montana. J. H. Wining and C. P. Cowman were the owners. The company seems to have gone out of business after 1930.
KAMMES BUS SERVICE INC. was founded by Richard Kammes and operated out of his home from 1959 until 1981 when he sold the company. At that time he had a fleet of 120 buses. It was bought by Vancom Inc. of South Holland, Illinois, and had a physical address in Wheaton, Illinois. The badge has two threaded posts and measures 3 ¼” x 2¼”. The badge pictured here seems to have an emblem missing from the circular area on the front.
KANKAKEE, JOLIET & PONTIAC BUS & TRANSFER LINE began operating between Joliet and Kankakee, Illinois, in 1924. The company was renamed in 1927 to Illinois Roadway Lines.
KANKAKEE MOTOR COACH COMPANY The privately owned company succeeded Kankakee Electric Railway Co. in 1931, and ran streetcars and later buses serving the town of Kankakee, Illinois. (In 1956 the company owned 14 buses.) Kankakee Motor Coach Co. went out of business in 1959. On that topic, here’s an interesting story on page 3 of the February 20, 1959, edition of the Journal Gazette from Mattoon, Illinois: “The disappearance of Victor E Curtis, owner of the Kankakee Motor Coach Company; his wife, their two children, and three of the company’s buses was discovered Thursday. There was no notice the bus company planned to discontinue operations. However, Curtis, who. has operated the utility since Jan 1, 1958, had been in financial difficulties, and In controversy with the Illinois Commerce Commission. Riders In this northern Illinois city long have complained of poor service and faulty equipment. Hundreds of persons voiced their complaints Thursday as they waited impatiently in near zero weather for buses to take them to work. Police said they had no trace of the whereabouts of the Curtis family or the buses.” For the next 37 years Kankakee was without a public transit system. There are two badges known: the older badge is made of brass and is a pin back that measures 2¾” x 2⅛”. The newer badge measures 2½” x 2¼”, has a single threaded post and was made by FIFTH AVENUE UNIFORM COMPANY 19 SO. WELLS CHICAGO.
KANSAS CITY AREA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY / KCATA Kansas City, Missouri & Kansas City, Kansas. This entity has it beginning in 1903 with the Kansas City Railway & Light Company. In 1914 the Kansas City Railway Company took over service. This lasted until 1925 when the Kansas City Public Service Company took over service. This company ran streetcars until 1957, and trolleybuses from 1938 through 1959. It was succeeded by Kansas City Transit, which was taken over by the KCATA.
From Wikipedia: The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) is a public transit agency in metropolitan Kansas City. It operates the Metro Area Express (MAX) bus rapid transit service in Kansas City, Missouri, and 78 local bus routes in seven counties of Missouri and Kansas.
The KCATA is a bi-state agency formed by an interstate compact between Kansas and Missouri in 1965–6. Authorized by both states’ legislatures and an act of Congress, the agency’s jurisdiction includes Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte counties in Missouri and Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas. The agency is governed by a board of ten commissioners, five from each state.Operations began in 1969, when the KCATA took over bus routes previously run by the Kansas City Public Service Company.
In 2014, KCATA, Johnson County Transit, UG Transit and IndeBus announced that all services will be merged into one service, RideKC. The merge will start in 2015 and last through 2019. The badge measures about 1 1/2″ X 2 1/4″ with two threaded posts.
KANSAS CITY CLAY COUNTY & ST. JOSEPH AUTO TRANSIT COMPANY was a Missouri bus line operated by the Kansas City Clay County & St. Joseph Railway on some less profitable routes. It ran until 1934 when it was replaced by Interstate Transit Lines, which, in 1943, began operating as Overland Greyhound Lines.
KANSAS CITY & INDEPENDENCE STATE LINES was an intercity Missouri bus company running in the late 1930s into the early 1940s. In 1941 it was serving the Union Bus Terminal 917 McGee St. in Kansas City, Missouri.
KANSAS CITY KAW VALLEY & WESTERN RAILWAY COMPANY / KANSAS CITY KAW VALLEY & WESTERN RAILROAD COMPANY From the Kenneth Spencer Research Library at the University of Kansas: “The Kansas City, Kaw Valley & Western Railway was an interurban rail line with electric car service between downtown Kansas City, Missouri and Lawrence, Kansas. Under the direction of J.J. Heim and W.R. Taylor, superintendent, the line opened in 1914 between Kansas City and Bonner Springs, KS, and in 1916 the line was extended to Lawrence. The line had 75 passenger station stops, and trains left Kansas City hourly between 5:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Passengers included Kansas City and Kaw Valley commuters, students at the University of Kansas, occasional shoppers, and others. Passenger service gradually declined during the 1920s, and by August 1935 the line was a year behind in paying employees. 1935 was the last year for interurban runs between Kansas City and City Park, and in the summer buses replaced the electric motorcars. Freight runs kept the line alive from the 1930s to 1961 (chiefly loads for Portland Cement Company).” In 1935 the line was renamed Kansas City Kaw Valley & Western Railroad Company. By the 1930s the company was running both passenger cars and buses. It is listed in the 1946-47 MTD as operating 10 passenger cars over 45 track miles and running buses over 35 route miles. In the 1954 MTD it is listed as Kansas City Kaw Valley & Western Railroad, Inc. and was running 8 buses over 83 route miles as Kaw Valley Stages. The company was still operating in 1956.
KANSAS CITY LEAVENWORTH BUS LINES, INC. K.C. Leavenworth Bus Lines, Inc. was an intercity bus operation serving Kansas City, Ft. Leavenworth, Leavenworth and Topeka, Kansas. It took over the route after Kansas City Leavenworth & Western Railway Co. discontinued streetcar service in 1924. In 1956 it was running 18 buses. The badge here measures 2 ⅝” x 2⅜” and had two threaded posts.
KANSAS CITY – LEAVENWORTH TRANSPORTATION COMPANY succeeded the Kansas City-Leavenworth, Western Transportation Company and ran intercity buses serving Ft. Leavenworth, Leavenworth, Wadsworth, Lansing, Wolcott, Bethel, Kansas City, McLouth, Oakaloosa, Merden and Topeka, Kansas. The company ran 18 buses over 99 route miles in 1946. It was still running in 1951 when it was sued for a bus accident.
KANSAS CITY – LEAVENWORTH, WESTERN TRANSPORTATION COMPANY See Kansas City – Leavenworth Transportation Company.
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY / KANSAS CITY TRANSIT, INC. The Metropolitan Street Railway Company was incorporated in 1886, and was the first company to successfully consolidate the street railway companies in Kansas City, mostly in the few years after 1895. In 1903, the Metropolian Street Railway Co. was sold to Kansas City Railway & Light Company, in 1914 sold to Kansas City Railway Company, and in 1925 sold to Kansas City Public Service Company. In 1960, the system was sold to Kansas City Transit, Inc., which operated the system until the public takeover in 1969 (Information from to Chicago Transit & Railfan.)
In 1954 the Kansas City Public Service Company was located at 728 Delaware Street, Kansas City, Missouri and ran 319 buses over 293 route miles, 157 trolley coaches over 97 route miles and 176 street cars over 108 track miles. The company served both Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City, Missouri.
The Kansas City Area Transportation Authority (KCATA) is a public transit agency in metropolitan Kansas City. It operates the Metro Area Express (MAX) bus rapid transit service in Kansas City, Missouri, and 78 local bus routes in seven counties of Missouri and Kansas. The KCATA is a bi-state agency formed by an interstate compact between Kansas and Missouri in 1965–6. Operations began in 1969, when the KCATA took over bus routes previously run by the Kansas City Public Service Company.
The second badge pictured below measures 2″ x 3 ½ ” and has two threaded posts.
KANSAS CITY RAILWAY COMPANY See KANSAS CITY AREA TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY
KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY See KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY.
KANSAS CITY TRANSIT, INC. See KANSAS CITY PUBLIC SERVICE COMPANY.
KANSAS POWER & LIGHT COMPANY succeeded Topeka Railway Company in 1926 and ran streetcars and buses in Topeka, Kansas, until 1947 when it was succeeded by Topeka Transportation Company. The company discontinued streetcar service in 1937; in 1945 the company was running 52 buses over approx. 33 route miles. The badge is made of nickel with a clasp-pin, and measures 1¾”x¾”.
KANSAS TRAILS, INC. / KANSAS TRAILS BUS LINE / KANSAS TRAILWAYS / KANSAS TRAILS BUS SYSTEM There isn’t much information on this company. It was operational in the early 1940s and headquartered in Topeka, Kansas. The company joined the National Trailways Bus System in 1944 and is listed as Kansas Trailways in the 1946 MTD. That same year the company was advertising a new route and using the name “Kansas Trail Bus Line”. According to one source, the company left the Trailways association in 1950. On November 23, 1954, the Interstate Commerce Commission granted “a certificate of convenience and necessity to Kansas Trails, Inc., to extend its motor bus service from Osawatomie, Kansas, to Tulsa, Oklahoma, over U. S. Highway 169.” In the 1953 Russell’s Guide the company is listed as Kansas Trails / Kansas Trails Bus System and served Topeka, Iola, Parsons, Pittsburg, Coffeyville and Tulsa. There was a newspaper item from July 3, 1958 that noted “Robert Jordan purchased the Kansas Trails bus system that operated between Bonner Springs and Kansas City, Mo.”
KAW VALLEY STAGES was part of the THE KANSAS CITY, KAW VALLEY & WESTERN RAILROAD COMPANY based in Kansas City, Kansas, in the 1930s-1960s. In 1954 it ran 8 buses over 88 route miles, serving Kansas City, Missouri, to Lawrence, Kansas.
KEETER’S BUS COMPANY was running in the early 1940s; Harry Ketter was the owner. It operated between Landis and Kannapolis, North Carolina.
KELLER BUS LINE, served Marksville, Eunice and Ville Plate, Louisiana. It was in business in the 1950s.
KELLY BUS COMPANY was an intercity bus company that ran between Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Scotlandville, which is a suburb of Baton Rouge. It was in business in the 1950s.
KENT & SON BUS LINE ran in Alexandria, MN. No dates or further information.
KENTON & COVINGTON BUS LINE served Covington, and Kenton County, Kentucky, in the 1920s.
KENTUCKY BUS LINES, INC. / KENTUCKY TRAILWAYS This company’s history begins with two brothers, Albert Lee (1904-1979) and Robert Guthrie Chaudoin (1903-1982), who, in 1935, founded Chaudoin Bus Lines in Louisville, Kentucky. In the 1930s the company served Louisville, Central City and Paducah, Kentucky. A November 27, 1943, Louisville, Kentucky newspaper article announced that Chaudoin Bus Lines was sold to “the Bankers National Investment Corporation for $225,000. It was transferred to a new corporation known as the Kentucky Bus Lines, Inc. The property was owned by A. L. Chaudoin and R. G. Chaudoin, brothers who operated an intrastate line from Louisville. Running 13 buses to New Castle, Carrollton and Paducah via Shepherdsville.” The company joined the National Trailways Bus System in 1952 and remained until 1954. In 1972 the Louisville Transit Company acquired the company’s routes.
KENWOOD BUS CO. The only info I have on this badge comes from a Baltimore, Maryland, newspaper in 1964, which simply mentions the company. However, judging from the style of bus on the badge, I’d guess it dates to the 1940s-1950s. The badge measures 2″ x 2 ½ “.
KERN COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COMPANY was operating in the early and late 1920s out of Bakersfield, California. C.C. Haworth was the manager. The company is mentioned in a March 8, 1927, newspaper story: “Pickwick Stages System has applied to the railroad commission for permission to lease to Kern County Transportation operative rights and properties for transportation of passengers and express matter between Bakersfield and Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo County, and intermediate points, and between Taft, Coalinga and Lost Hills and intermediate points, for a period of one year, and Kern County Transportation Company has applied to the commission for permission to operate said properties.” In May 1930 the company was sold to Pacific Greyhound Lines, Inc.
KERNVILLE STAGE COMPANY was operating in the mid 1920s out of Kernville, California. C.A. Hand and W.A. Fugitt were the registered contacts.
KERRVILLE-AUSTIN BUS LINE. The only information on this company comes from the below entry for the Kerrville Bus Company, Inc. It was founded before 1930 and was owned by Louis Moritz of Austin, who managed the newly acquired lines of the Kerrville Bus Company in 1930.
KERRVILLE BUS COMPANY, INC. was founded in 1928-1929 by brothers Hal “Boss” and Charlie Peterson in Kerrville, Texas. The company was the successor to Hill Country Bus Line and Horseshoe Stages.
There is a rather detailed account of the sale of Horseshoe Stages to Kerrville Bus Company in the September 18, 1930, edition of the Kerrville Mountain Sun from Kerrville, Texas: “The State Railroad Commission at a session in Austin Monday afternoon approved the transfer of 330 miles of bus lines held under franchise by H. H. Winn, Jr., to the Kerrville Bus Co., Inc., of which Hal Peterson is president and Charles V. Peterson is vice-president and treasurer. Included in the deal were the franchises and equipment of the Horseshoe Stages, operating between Austin and Houston, and two branch lines extending from Austin to Lampasas and from Brenham to Huntsville. In exchange for his holdings, Winn received an 1,800-acre farm owned by the Petersons and located about five miles south of Kerrville. Winn, who now lives in Austin, will move here within the next few days and take charge of the farm property. Louis Moritz, owner of the Kerrville-Austin Bus Line, will manage the newly acquired lines of the Kerrville Bus Company, maintaining headquarters in Austin. Officials of the Kerrville Bus Company announced Tuesday that schedules will be arranged to provide for direct connections between Kerrville and Houston, via Austin, thereby shortening the present distance between the two cities by 17 miles. The Kerrville Bus Co., Inc., has been operating first class bus service between San Antonio and Kerrville for the past four years. Acquisition of the new lines in Central Texas will increase the mileage covered by the firm to more than 400 miles. Hal Peterson will leave Saturday for Detroit, where he expects to purchase five 21-passenger buses, which will be added to present equipment on the various routes.” (You will note that the above article says that the Kerrville Bus Company had been operating for the past four years, or since 1926. However, the history of the present company states it was founded in 1929. The difference could be that in 1926 the Peterson brothers were operating an automobile “bus” between Kerrville and San Antonio, which caused a dispute with the Union Bus Company and got them brought before the Railroad Commission in 1927.) In 1953, Greyhound purchased a 40% interest in Kerrville Bus Company.
In 1956 the Kerrville Bus Company served Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Kerrville, Big Springs, Abilene, Victoria, Bryan and Pecos. It was running 60 buses over 1744 route miles. In 1966 it bought out Painter Bus Line, Inc. of Uvalde, Texas. The company is still in business operating out of San Antonio, Texas, running charter buses.
KEWPIE STAGE COMPANY was operated by the Smith Brothers from Marysville, California, in the mid 1920s.
KEY SYSTEM TRANSIT COMPANY / KEY SYSTEM TRANSIT LINES was a privately owned company that provided mass transit in the cities of Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, Emeryville, Piedmont, San Leandro, Richmond, Albany and El Cerrito in the eastern San Francisco Bay Area, California, from 1923 until 1946. The Key System consisted of local streetcar and bus lines in the East Bay, and commuter rail and bus lines connecting the East Bay to San Francisco by a ferry pier on San Francisco Bay, later via the lower deck of the Bay Bridge. At its height during the 1940s, the Key System had over 66 miles of track. The company was a wholly owned subsidiary of Railway Equipment & Reality Company, Ltd., which was organized in December 1929, and which was taken over by the infamous National City Lines in 1946. (See the entry for National City Lines on this webpage for more information.) When the takeover occurred, Key System Transit Company’s name was changed to Key System Transit Lines. The latter company ran until 1960 when it was sold to a newly formed public agency, AC Transit. The first badge was made by the Ed Jones & Co badge manufacturer in Oakland, California, has one threaded post and on pin post and measures 2 ½” x 2 ¼”. The second badge measures approx. 3″ x 2 ½” and has hallmarks on the back for Greenduck Co. Chicago.
KEYLINE TRANSIT took over Dubuque, Iowa, city bus service from Interstate Power Company after 92.2 percent of voters approved a June 1973 measure for the city to acquire and operated a municipal bus system. KeyLine operated until 2011 when it was reorganized and renamed The Jule. (The transit system and city were both named after Julien DUBUQUE.) (More information can be found by clicking on this link.) The badge is made of plastic with two pin posts.
KING BROTHERS LINES, INC. was running in 1921 out of Cincinnati, Ohio. One of the brothers was Fred King, who served as the company president. In 1939 the intercity company served Lebanon, Toledo, Lima, Sidney, Troy, Piqua, Dayton, Franklin, Cincinnati, Ohio and Lexington and Louisville, Kentucky. The company ceased operations in 1948.
KING BROTHERS COMPANY, INC. began operations in 1921 between Franklin, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Xenia, and Portsmouth, Ohio. The company incorporated in 1928 and the following year was merged into the newly-formed Mason & Dixon Transit, Inc., although it continued to operate under its company name. A March 19, 1945, news item in the Piqua Daily Call from Piqua, Ohio, mentioned that “The Dayton and Western Ohio Airlines, Inc., is owned by three major intercity bus companies, the Cincinnati & Lake Erie Transportation Company, the King Brothers Company and the Ohio Bus Line Company.”
KING BROTHERS TRANSPORTATION COMPANY began operating in the early 1920s as an intercity bus company between Ft. Wayne and Richmond, Indiana. A November 1, 1928, newspaper article from Indianapolis, Indiana, notes the sale of “certificate of convenience” from King Brothers Transportation Company to Willard Wooding, representing A.B.C. Coach Line, Inc. The company is advertised in the 1931 Williams Cincinnati Directory, but not in the Russell’s Official National Motor Coach Guide for 1939, so I’m assuming it ceased operations between those dates.
KING BUS COMPANY ran in the late 1920s from Dyersburg to Union City, Tennessee.
KING COUNTY METRO, officially the King County Department of Transportation Metro Transit Division, or Metro for short, is the public transit authority of King County, Washington. It was formed by absorbing Seattle Transit System and the Metropolitan Transit Corporation (a private company serving suburban cities in King County) and began operations on January 1, 1973. Metro is the eighth-largest transit bus agency in the United States, carrying an average of 395,000 passengers each weekday on 215 routes. Metro employs 2,716 full-time and part-time operators and operates 1,540 buses. Metro is also contracted to operate and maintain Sound Transit’s Central Link light rail line and eight of the agency’s Sound Transit Express bus routes along with the Seattle Streetcar lines owned by the City of Seattle. (For more details, see Seattle Transit System. Click here for a concise timeline of Seattle’s transit history, covering a period between 1850 and 2000.)
KINGS COACH CO., INC. ran 11 buses in 1933 in Queens, New York City, from 90th St. Crosstown.
KINGS RIVER TRANSPORTATION COMPANY was operating in the mid 1920s out of Fresno, California. It was a passenger and freight business and was operated by Ross Forsyth.
KINGSTON CITY COACH COMPANY, LTD. In 1893, the Kingston, Portsmouth and Cataraqui Street Railway inaugurated an electric street car service in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. This system lasted until 1930, by which time is was called the Kingston Street Railway. The March 1, 1930, edition of the Ottawa Citizen gives some details: “Kingston Minus Car service as a result of Fire, Lone car survives disastrous fire which is believed to have started from spontaneous combustion. Kingston’s street car service was wiped out by fire early today when all but one car was completely destroyed. With the exception of the lone car the city was without service. Believed to have originated from spontaneous combustion, the flames destroyed the barns and all contents and for a long time threatened many houses in the vicinity. More than 25 cars were destroyed and the damage will amount to more than $125,000. part of the loss is covered by insurance and the prospects are that Kingston will be without street car service for some time.” After the devastating loss, the Kingston Street Railway Company decided to cease operations, prompting the city to seek another transit service. The June 13, 1930 edition of the Ottawa Citizen reported the results of a special election: “Kingston electors favor bus system Vote 1,746 to 627 to grant ten year franchise to two companies: Kingston electors today decided to have a permanent bus system of transportation when they carried a bylaw giving the city council authority to grant a ten years franchise to the Kingston City Coach Company, Limited, and the Colonial Coach Lines Limited. The vote stood 1,746 for and 627 against the bylaw.” The Kingston City Coach Company, which was a subsidiary of Colonial Coach Lines, began operating in 1930 and continued until July 1962. It was succeeded by Kingston Transit. The badge pictured below is an early example, is unmarked, has two threaded posts and is made of brass with enamel inlay. There are two different designs for this badge. One made of solid brass, and the other a thin die-pressed example that has a makers mark. (NOTE: Normally, I don’t like “restored” badges. I think that the wear and tear is part of the badge’s history. However, I did a bit of restoration on this piece so its details would show better in a photo. I used some Avon “Ruby Slippers” enamel nail polish, which matched the ruby red of the badge almost perfectly. You may compare the results from the first to the second image.)
KINGSTON CITY TRANSPORTATION CORPORATION was a bus operation for the Kingston Consolidated Railroad Company in Kingston, New York. It started running in 1925 and continued until 1963 when it was replaced by the Urban Transit Corporation. In 1954 it operated 20 buses over 22.6 route miles.
KIRKLAND BUS LINE ran from Knoxville, Tennessee, in the late 1920s.
KIRK’S AUTO BUS SERVICE was operating in the mid 1920s out of Salisbury, North Carolina. It was owned and operated by A.B.C. Kirk, who also owned Kirk’s Motor Bus Lines, Inc.
KIRK’S MOTOR BUS LINES, INC. was operating out of Salisbury, North Carolina, in the mid 1920s. It served Salisbury, Dukeville and East Spencer, N.C. It was owned and operated by A.B.C. Kirk, who also owned Kirk’s Auto Bus Service.
KLAMATH AUTO STAGE LINE There are two companies listed with this name in 1920s California records. One was located in Yreka, California, with W.H. Shackelford and P. Colburn as operators. The second company was located Seiad Valley, California, with C.C. Shinar being the registered contact. Since the two locations were 55 miles apart, this may well be the same company with two offices.
KLAMATH-WEED STAGE LINE was operating in the mid 1920s out of Klamath Falls, Oregon. M.R. Rohn was the registered contact.
KLUG BUS SERVICE was founded in 1957 by Lou Klug in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was purchased in 2015 and renamed Queen City Transportation. It runs school buses and charters.
KNOXVILLE TRANSIT LINE In 1938 the Tennessee Coach Company bought out Knoxville’s public transportation system and changes its name to Knoxville Transit Lines. In 1967 the company was sold to the City of Knoxville, Tennessee. Its name was changed to Knoxville Transit Corporation. The badge is a single threaded post.
KOKOMO, INDIANAPOLIS TRANSIT LINE ran in Kokomo, Indiana, in the mid 1920s.
KOKOMO-MUNCIE TRANSIT COMPANY was a freight company operating in Kokomo, Indiana, in 1920. In September 1925 it petitioned for a certificate of public convenience to operate a bus line from Kokomo to Muncie, Indiana. There is no record of the outcome of that petition or if the company ever operated as an intercity bus company.
KROSS & MILTON BUS LINE ran in 1932 in Clay City, Indiana.
CHARLES KUPPINGER STAGE LINE was operating in the mid 1920s out of Lakeport, California.
Copyright © 2019 TRANSITBADGES.COM. All Rights Reserved. You may freely quote from this page with the proviso that TRANSITBADGES.COM is credited.